BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION ARTICLES
Click on the following titles for helpful hints and behavior guidelines:
THUNDERSHIRT – The best solution for dog anxiety. For thunder, fireworks, separation, crating, travel, training, barking and more! Whatever the situation that makes your dog anxious, fearful, reactive or over-excited, Thundershirt’s gentle, constant pressure can bring calm and focus back to your dog. And a terrific solution for eliminating “bad leash manners” such as barking, pulling or reactivity towards other animals and people. For more information about how to use Thundershirt for your dog, click on How It Works or a subject below. Purchase Now www.thundershirt.com/
- Practical Plan for Counter Surfers
- Retraining a Dog that is Marking
- Desensitizing Possessive Behavior Parts I & II
- Don’t Risk Punishing!
- Teaching Your Dog To Stay Home Alone
- Recall From Predatory Distractions
- Nail Trimming for Sensitive Dogs
- Learn How To “Talk” Dog Language
- Why Classical Conditioning Changes Food Bowl Guarding & Growling
- Helping Shy Dogs Blossom Using Targeting
- Watch Me
- Stress Indicators
- Behavior Articles for Cats & Dogs – All of the short articles were written by Daniel Estep, Ph.D. and Suzanne Hetts, Ph.D. Certified Applied Animal Behaviorists. They were first published in the Rocky Mountain News, Denver, CO. Any reproduction of or quotation from any of these articles must cite both the authors and the Rocky Mountain News.
- Sound Therapy 4 Pets – Sound Therapy 4 Pets was started in 2001 by Sarah Heath and Jon Bowen, two veterinary surgeons who are internationally renowned in the field of behavioural medicine. Learn more by visiting their site!
- Pet Place — Behavior and training information for all pets
- The Gentle Leader® Calming Cap (Hoodie) – To be used for Dogs with difficulty riding in cars, nail clipping, noise phobia you must condition slowly. Visit www.premier.com to order.
- Instructions on How to Use the Calming Cap (Hoodie)
- John Fisher’s two-reward method – If you have a dog that displays on-leash aggression, you may want to try this method with the help of a qualified trainer who can orchestrate these training situations.
- Acepromazine and Chlorpromazine – Why Not to Use – By Theresa Kelley, CVT, CPDT watch this video By Dr. Karen Overall about why not to use ACE.. on dogs with fear phobia https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6-GsmrFYHKk#!